KKH Photos – Off The Desk has nominated me for the Illuminating Blogger Award. I would like to thank her for this compliment. If you are interested in photography and ways in which to improve your own picture-taking, go and visit her site and see why she was nominated for this award. Not only does she post photos; but she also shares recipes and her thoughts on various topics.
In accepting this award, I need to tell you one random thing about myself: As far back as I can remember, I wanted to be a teacher. I remember playing “teacher, teacher” with my sisters – with me in the role of teacher. As I grew older, I thought of following other career paths but they never worked out. I have had many good years teaching – but there are times when I have been disillusioned with the profession. Now I am in a different country trying to work at the profession I was trained to do. Some more hurdles to be jumped …. but that is another story.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award. In choosing them, I have taken to heart the description “illuminating and informative”.
- John’s blog titled From the Bartolini Kitchens, is more than just a recipe blog. He gives advice on how to prepare his recipes; and often teaches me things I have never dreamed of doing (like making cheese).
- Mags at Magsx2′s Blog points readers to some interesting information. Her most recent post, for example, show me a bit more about the whales that can be seen off of the coast of Australia.
- Frank has called his space A Frank Angle. His posts range from politics, to religion, to sports, and what he did over the weekend.
- The blog titled Cosy Travels of the Viking and His Kitten take me to unknown destinations in Europe, and to places I have never heard of.
- Every week Jake is the person who helps me discover interesting photos and different experiences. Every week he hosts a challenge which he calls the Sunday Post – and always introduced with his own entry of stunning graphics. Join us and contribute to a growing contribution.